Monday, October 14, 2013

Per your requests...

Since my last post, I've received a number of private messages and most were asking why I haven't posted any pictures of my weight loss.  So, I'm going to address that now.

The reason I haven't posted any pictures is twofold.  The first reason is out of concern for my privacy and the second is out of humiliation.  Yes, that's right, humiliation.  Even though I'm over 230 pounds smaller and less than half my original size, it's still incredibly humiliating to admit I was ever that gigantic.  I look at my "before" pictures and I still cringe.  I ask myself... how the hell did you ever let yourself get that huge?  Honestly, it's almost like looking at a bad movie of another life when I remember the way I used to be.  A life I'm more than happy to leave behind.

So, I have a compromise.  I'm posting my "before & after" pictures but I'm not including my face.  I figure this way it allows me to retain my privacy while still showing the weight loss.  As for the humiliation?  Yeah, it's still embarrassing, but I at least take comfort in knowing I'm not that miserable fat girl anymore.

The picture on the left was taken in January 2012 and the picture on the right was taken October 2013.  There is an over 230 pound difference between the two pictures taken 21 months apart.


Until next time... :)

Be well all!
-Mis

1 comment: