Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I hate my shots :(

Well it's official- I DREAD my daily injections. They bruise, they hurt, they itch, and the lump lasts for days sometimes weeks. I am told "bruising is an occasional yet normal side effect". Ok, I never thought I'd do this, but here is a picture of my injection site from 2 days ago.






How can THIS possibly be a 'normal' side effect? And yes, this is from ONE injection, this isn't a cluster of sites.





I'm not trying to be mellow dramatic here, but let me tell ya, this sucker hurts. And I wish I could say this is an isolated incident but it's not. Granted yes, it is the worse one yet, but ALL my injection sites now bruise up and itch horribly. What I don't understand is how I can go from very little to no side effects for three months- to this. I did call Shared Solutions. Granted, obviously they can't see stuff like this over the phone, but they are the ones that told me bruising is normal. They also reminded me what I was told before even starting my injections- side effects can come and go at anytime, and just because you didn't have any at the beginning doesn't mean you can't develop them later in treatment.

So yeah... I'm at a loss. Other than the site reactions and joint pain (yes, that's apparently from the Copaxone too) I do seem to do alright with it. But summer is just around the corner- would anyone really want their arms and legs seen looking like this??? I mean seriously, someone is going to think either Wayne is beating me or I'm a junkie. One more thing to be self conscious about. Yay me.

*sighs*... so yeah, I'm cranky. Being itchy is on my last nerve. I'm not sure what the long term solution is for this, but I do know I'm going to have to talk to my neurologist because this sucks.

Be well all. -Mis

2 comments:

  1. Are you hitting veins with the injections? The only time I've ever had bruises similar to yours was when I obviously hit a vein which bled and continued to leak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa :) No, I'm not. I have hit a vein before, in my arm once, and believe me I knew it because my heart started racing horribly and I got an instant hot flash. I'm very careful to stay in fatty areas with no sign of a vein. For the first 3 months I had almost no issues- just some redness and a bump that went away within 2 hours of the injection. Then... this started a few weeks ago. Urgh!

    ReplyDelete