Tuesday, March 31, 2009

How things are

Well we're coming to the end of a really busy couple of weeks here. Morgan just finished her play "Seusical the Musical". I have to tell you, the kids did such an awesome job!! Morgan really worked her little butt off on the production, so I was so glad to see it went well. And yes, I admit, it does make have one of those 'proud momma' moments to see my daughter following in my footsteps and getting so active in the drama program at school. I know some of my best memories of being teenager were during theater productions and hanging out with that group of kids, I hope it will be for her too.

On a very sad note, today I am going to the memorial for Wayne's grandpa. He passed away this past Friday, March 27th. His grandpa was such a cool guy. I remember the very first family function I went to- before we were even married- it's his grandpa I spent most of my time sitting and talking to. He was 101st Airborne in WWII, and ironically was even from the same small town in northern Michigan that my family is from. His grandpa was wealth of interesting historic information and so incredibly interesting to just sit and listen to. Not to mention a very blunt, to the point, no beating around the bush type of guy. Which, of course, I loved about him. Eerily, he died 15 years and 1 day from the date his beloved wife in 1994. She died March 26, he died March 27. I personally find that a little more than ironic. I obviously never knew Wayne's grandma, but from the stories I hear her and his grandpa were so very much in love. For that reason, it makes his death just a little easier because I know he's finally reunited with his wife he's missed for long.

As for myself- I'm hanging in there. Now that I'm fully done with the steroids, fatigue is really kicking my ass once again. I can sleep 10-12 hours a night and still need a nap by mid afternoon. The worst part is, the more tired I get, the worse my brain fog gets. It's more than a little frustrating to say the least. I've also noticed a marked increase in pain, which has me a little worried. I currently have water on my left knee, which obviously isn't helping either, not to mention it's making navigating our steps somewhere next to impossible. I think the day is coming fast that living on the second floor is simply not going to be an option anymore, I only hope we can find the financial means to actually move and cover higher rent sometime soon.

I'm also having issues with my Copaxone injections. I've been on it for 3 months now, and up until recently I never had a problem. Now, I am getting bruises and lumps at the injection sites that last literally for weeks. The worst part of that is, the lumps itch and hurt to touch too. So for instance, right now I have two bruised lumped on each thigh, one from last week's injection and one from this week's injection. I also have bruised lumps on each arm from last week. Normally I skip my arms, but I was trying to lengthen the time before I did my legs again to give them more time to heal. Heh, little good that did, now I just have 6 bruised itchy sore lumps instead of 4. Why I'm suddenly having this issue after 3 months is beyond me, but it's definitely something I need to take up with my neurologist.

But, overall I am holding my own. I really think if I could just find a way to tame this damn fatigue I'd do so much better. I've been really resisting letting my doctor put me on yet another prescription, but I may have to resign myself that one for the fatigue may well be necessary. We'll see.

Be well all! :)
*hugs* Mis

No comments:

Post a Comment